A 2-hour drive later today means some planning this morning. As in, what WIPs shall I bring???
These are the projects I have to choose from:
- Trellis Scarf – NO. After 6 hours knitting this one Sunday, I’m giving it a little breather.
- Heather Harvest Vest – MAYBE. I don’t like the yarn I started this one with, so if I am able to get to the LYS over lunch and find just the right yarn, I may take this one.
- Raspberry Rhapsody Scarf – MAYBE. But I’m feeling kind of scarfed out right now.
- Fair Isle Tassel Hat – NO. I don’t like doing color-work in the car; this one in particular has a lot of new color joins, so it is out.
- Guernsey Socks – YES, YES, YES. I love socks for car rides. They are so compact and as they use circs, I don’t have to worry about dropping my needles in the car and trying to fish them out from between the seats.
- Little Blossom Cardigan – NO, NO, NO. This intarsia work is just too messy for the road.
- Dotted Bag – NO. Don’t have a washing machine in the car & this one is ready to be felted.
- Collared Cardigan – MAYBE. I just started this one and don’t know about my yarn choice, so bringing this one could be a waste of time. (Although I was going to stop by the LYS and if something screams “collared cardigan”, I just may bring this one too).
- A NEW PROJECT – ??? You never know what can happen to all sense when you walk into that candy-store, called the LYS!
I’ve thought about ways to curb my “knitter gone crazy” behavior that seems to occur every time I cross the threshold of a LYS…
…Like maybe I should pin a note to my shirt that says, “DON’T LET ME BUY ANYTHING BESIDES 4 SKEINS OF …”. But, then store owners are usually knitters themselves and they would laugh, rip off the note and say, “just go with it honey, follow your instincts and BUY MORE YARN” 🙂