I already have 5 WiPs lined up for this Thursday’s Knitting Marathon and here I am casting on another project – What’s a Knitter to DO???
Enjoy the diversity – that’s what I say! After all, since the time that elapses between Casting On and Casting Off is usually (at least for me) A LONG TIME, doesn’t everyone get bored with the same project?
I was brainstorming as to how I could balance my LOVE of starting new projects with the need to finish some of the 9 already in-progress. That’s how I came up with this idea of taking a day off during the week to schedule a KNITTING DAY. Why not? We take off for doctor and dental appointments don’t we? I submit that knitting is essential to my health and well-being as well.
Make time for your health & well-being and join me on one of my KNITTING DAYS!
Here are the steps I follow:
- Secure the day off work
- Let everyone in the household know what you are doing (in advance)
- Tell them you don’t care if they think you’re crazy
- Assemble SEVERAL WiPs (I gathered 5) for the day, so you are ready to go
- Locate a comfy spot(s) in the house where you can sit without too many distractions
- Put together a GREAT playlist (no soothing music – you don’t want end up sleeping – and it’s fun to get up and dance every so often to keep you alert and give your fingers a break!)
- Have snacks and drinks available for energy boosts
- Make dinner in-advance so no one else gets cranky and tries to interfere with your KNITTING FOR WELL-BEING time. Make it an awesome dinner and they will start scheduling these days for you 🙂
- Get a good night’s sleep the night before you start
- ENJOY THE DAY
- Revel in the progress you made!
Join me this Thursday, January 20th at 8am EST – if you can’t knit the entire day, block out SOME time and let me know what you get accomplished!
Oh, if you’re curious as to what I cast on today…
Here it is – That 1×1-rib scarf using Noro’s Silk Garden you see a lot on Ravelry. I used size 6 needles and only CO 31 stitches as I wanted a skinnier scarf.
I hope to hear that you’ll be joining me on Thursday!