READ THE INSTRUCTIONS THOROUGHLY BEFORE YOU BEGIN SWATCHING!
To save yourself a bit of time and a bit of money – make sure you knit your swatches with LIGHT COLOR yarn.
I thought I was doing this when I came across a section of the instructions that listed what colors would DEFINITELY be considered LIGHT.
The color with which I knitted 14 of my 16 master knitter swatches was NOT on the list. As hard as I stared, I couldn’t make orange appear anywhere on the list.
Now I had to ask myself,
DO I WANT TO…
- take the chance and finish up with this yarn?
- spend the money to send everything in and then have it sent back??
- consider this a learning lesson and an opportunity to re-knit the swatches making them even more perfect???
- support the LYS by buying LIGHT color yarn for my swatches????
- be a big girl and not whine and complain, but just re-knit the swatches and know I did the right thing?????