A M A Z I N G how fast 7 months become a part of the past!
For anyone who has been wondering…
- Did I fall off the face of the Earth or ill with disease? NO
- Did I lose my mind or my interest in knitting? NO
- Did I stop knitting? NO
- Did our youngest son move out of the house to pursue his passion for hockey leaving Pete and I as empty-nesters ONE FULL YEAR before I was mature enough to handle it? YES 😥
My last post (in August) coincided with the days when Pete & I and our 3 boys converged in the same place at the same time – on vacation!
I wanted to leave my blog on a happy note…
(skip the blubbery 7 months that ensued while I pulled my adult self together)
…and return on a happy note!
I AM BACK AND BOY DO I HAVE A LOT TO SHARE!!!
For while my BLOG lay idle, my knitting did not…
My Sunflower Pillow has a back and is sitting pretty on my chair…
I knit and gifted a scarf from the KNIT NORO book using stash yarn. (Forgot to take a pic before wrapping & presenting it – you’ll just have to trust me on this one)
Finished my pink shell which I started while in the Keys…
Started and finished a modified version of the cross-over cardi (knit in Plymouth Mushishi).
Started, finished and can be found wearing this awesome short NORO jacket A LOT…
Received a gift of beautiful Saxon Merino Yarn, turned it into an equally awesome birthday present (fern lace scarf) for a friend.
Started and finished a cute little purse from a pattern I purchased on Ravelry.
Cast-on and quickly became addicted to knitting this Linen Stitch Scarf…
I also took inventory of old WiPs hiding in various places around the house and uncovered…
- 1-1/2 socks,
- half of a cabled cardigan,
- 3/4 of an open stitch pullover (back in style after ~15 years, but now way too small for me),
- 1/25 of a Little Star kids pullover (in which the intarsia pattern is off-center)
- 3/5 of a cream jacket from the cover of VK Spring/Summer 2008 – can’t decide if I should frog it or carry on
Work-in-progress count is holding steady at 15 projects, though it will likely increase to 18 as I plan to cast-on soon for the 3 remaining projects of my original 25.
My GOALs for the rest of 2012…
- Get back on track with the Master Knitter Certification
- Have another go at finishing my Original 25 Projects
- Make significant progress on 10 original designs (haven’t yet decided on the definition of “significant” :-))