A 10-hour drive later today means some planning this morning. As in, what WIPs shall I bring???
These are some of the projects I have to choose from:
- Little Blossom Cardigan – NO. Still can’t bring myself to trade knitting time for embroidery.
- Nantucket Brocade Sweater – MAYBE. I’m not sure if the yarn is a good match for the pattern, so this one may get ripped. Don’t want to risk adding more to rip!
- Winter Windows Silk Scarf – MAYBE. But I’m feeling kind of scarfed out right now.
- Snowflake Cardigan – NO. I don’t like doing color-work in the car
- Elfine Socks – YES, YES, YES. I love socks for car rides. They are so compact and since they use circs, I don’t have to worry about dropping my needles in the car and trying to fish them out from between the seats.
- Reflecting Pools Bag – NO. Don’t have a washing machine in the car & this one is ready to be felted.
- Cable Frog-Closure Cardigan – MAYBE. I’m not thrilled with the color of this one, so bringing this one could be a waste of time. (If I had finished it 8 years ago when salmon was “in” I’d be more excited about this one).
- A NEW PROJECT – ??? I do have some stash yarn that’s been calling to me lately 🙂
As much as I want to pick just 1 or 2 projects, that inner voice keeps whispering “bring them ALL – you just never know”…
… Like what if the car breaks down and we are stuck miles away from civilization and Pete has to hike for hours to the nearest city while I stay (to protect the car) and KNIT. And since it takes so long, I finish the 2 projects I brought and so I’m left to do things like: clean out the glove box or read the owners’ manual???
Coming to my senses I think, “yeah right, what’s the chance of THAT happening”? And then Inner Voice whispers, “but what if???”