will you be my Valentine?
I’m hoping the answer will be yes and I will be wearing my Cables & Lace sweater on February 14th, but looking at the calendar I see that there are only 18 days left!!!
While that SEEMS like a long time, I took a quick look at my schedule and available knitting time on those 18 days looks a bit scarce. I will be at home a few days next week studying for a certification, but the keys words there are “studying”. And any study breaks will have to be spent knitting Pete’s socks since those are supposed to be a surprise.
Bottom line: Something else is gonna have to give!
- Grocery shopping – we have food in the pantry and I see nothing wrong with cereal for dinner! No shopping = 2 extra knitting hours next week.
- Cleaning – this chore is already overdue, I might as well let the dust accumulate and get it all at once right? No cleaning = 3 more hours of knitting.
- Cooking – allowing Pete to experience the pleasure of cooking should free up about 5 hours next week. But wait, our agreement is whoever cooks the other cleans up, so I’ll need to add back about 15 minutes per night. After doing the math, that’s an extra 3 hours 45 minutes.
- Sleeping – Not Negotiable! If I don’t get enough sleep I’ll end up ripping more than usual. No time gained here.
- Blogging – I have lined up a guest blogger for next week, stop back tomorrow to meet her. I think you will enjoy her fresh take on things. Guest blogger adds 5 hours to my knitting time next week.
Things are looking up! I just may be able to get both Pete’s socks AND my sweater done by the 14th.